Milford Sound Radio ZMV was primarily used to connect the isolated settlement to Awarua Radio ZLB near Invercargill.
1947: Frank Barlow returns to Awarua Radio.
1950: Edward Brown, a radio operator at Musick Point in Auckland, appointed postmaster at Te Anau and investigates the use of radiotelephone to link Te Anau and Milford Sound. The experiments were to prove unsuccessful.
1952: Clyde Williams transferred from Wellington Radio to Milford Sound Radio (see Clyde’s recollections).
1954: Clyde Williams returns to Wellington Radio.